- Use e.g. home site, yard, pastures (including rotation),dry lot, arena, crops, etc.
- Safety (animal containment is important for their safety and your liability)
- Outbuildings (size, use, and location)
- Maintenance (the lower the better)
- Irrigation source (important to those of us who live in the West)
- Well/Septic location (truck access to well and septic locations should be maintained for future service)
Below are three plot plans old and new.
If building new, a plot plan is part of your building permit and septic system application. Make copies and start planning.
Don't forget the dry lot. Taking the horses off of the pasture allows for regeneration and helps you manage your livestock's weight.
Check out the layouts below and read the caption for more details.